Friday, May 25, 2007

I have a job...

Well, yeah...the title says it all. I got a job at Wendy's. It didn't work out at all like I expected it to. I didn't have any control over the situation (well, it felt that way).

You know what? God is really teaching me a lot. Wendy's was the lowest on my list of places to work at, yet they wanted me the most.

Wednesday, when I took in my applications to Subway, Papa Murphy's and Wendy's, the lady (part of management...I'm not sure of her position) took one look at my resume and asked if I could come in that afternoon. I told her that I could, thinking that Mom would be thrilled. Turns out that it wasn't highest on Mom's list of places for me to work either, and she had something planned for that afternoon that I didn't know about, so I had to turn around and tell the lady that I couldn't do it. Oy.

We scheduled an interview for yesterday (Thursday) at 3:00 pm. I actually got there on time (always a lovely thing when interviewing) and sat down with this guy that really didn't look much older than me. He asked me the normal informative questions as well as the normal weird ones (The last time you were in a situation where you were dealing with an irate person, what did you do? When have you done a project with no adult supervision? How did you do it? How do you react to people who complain? etc...). He told me that the lady who I had talked to on Wednesday had some more questions, and could I please come in the next day (today, or Friday).

I happily agreed, thinking that they might want to hire me. The funny thing was, this guy told me to bring my black shoes, black pants, social security number (I found out today that they wanted the SS CARD...) and driving permit, telling me that it was going to be an orientation thing. Silly me...I thought it was like the second part of the interview, with more hands-on questions and the rest that the lady hadn't covered...

Okay, all this to say that I was hired, even though I didn't know it. I was dumb enough not to ask, and they didn't think to even tell me. But you know what? I really think it was God's plan for me-I wouldn't have chosen this place unless it was the last possible option, so He made His will clear-exactly what I was praying for!

Isn't it funny how God works? He really has a sense of humor, even when dealing with people like me, who would give grey hairs to the most patient of teachers. What a truly amazing, great, loving, merciful God we serve!

My co-workers are going to be a little interesting, but there will be time enough to learn what they're like.

In the meantime, I need to finish Biology, Driver's Ed, Logic, a research paper and Geography and help Mom sketch out our next school year. I'm also thinking about starting a piano studio, but thinking never got anything done, so I'm going to start "officially" teaching my little brothers on Tuesday or Wednesday, I think. *Brain goes into overload* God is also teaching me a lot about relationships. I never knew how bad I was at them until I found that I really cared about certain ones-the ones I tend to be the worst at. Hmmmm...what a concept! Another humbling experience.

Signing very exhaustedly out but trusting our amazing God still,
Allegra

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark Watson said...

Well, I'm glad you got the job, but I'm sorry it was the one on the bottom of your list.

It's really neat how God works everything out. I know for me I could really see the hand of God in finding a job. I got a job at Sprint, and then it went sour, but it happened after I had already told the person at King Supers I wasn't going to work there. And so I ended up working at DQ with my brothers. I didn't really want a job at DQ (because of the type of work and hours), but God wanted me there, and so I am there.

May 26, 2007 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, too bad it was on the bottom of the list, but who knows what God's plan for you will be there! You might even look forward to going to work in anticipation of what he's going to do next! I can see why they wanted to hire you though, talking to you is probably really refreshing for someone who has gotten used dealing with the typical American teenager!

Well Mark, look at the bright side, if I get the job at Sprint, we'll be working right next door to each other! :-D (as he screams in terror and goes into an epileptic spasm on the floor)

May 26, 2007 8:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, Allegra! Congrats on your job--I worked fast food for 4 1/2 years, and I must say that (if nothing else) I had a lot of opportunities to witness! It was actually more fun than I thought it would be. I hope it goes well. Hope to meet you this summer!

May 29, 2007 2:27 PM  
Blogger Allegra said...

Wow, Mark, Nate and Tamara! Y'all are wonderful encouragers.

Mark, thanks for the advice.

Nate, thanks for the excitement.

Tamara, I really hope you meet you as well this summer. Hope all is going well.

God bless!

P.S. I'm hoping to update SOMETIME... :)

May 31, 2007 6:21 AM  
Blogger Keith M. said...

Glad to hear you got your job. good luck! I'm sure your have plenty of oppertunities to witness! =D

May 31, 2007 7:18 AM  
Blogger Allegra said...

Thanks, Keith! I'm sure I will. I'm going to take this baby step at a time and trust God.

June 05, 2007 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home